Sunday, May 25, 2014

Progression of Fingernail Growth

My story begins, my short fingernails. I can't believe I actually took a picture of this fingernail. Here it is and I am not proud of it! I am a nail biter and I wanted to stop biting my fingernails, so my story begins. See my other titles in my Blog  to the right to check out my other stories and tips I used in breaking the awful habit of nail biting.

My very short painful thumb nail. As you can see, those cuticles are torn up. Just about all my fingernails were in this type of shape. I look back on these pictures and can hardly believe how chewed up my nails were. My nails have been in worse shape than the nail shown before this picture.

Early stage of growth. This had to be at least 1 1/2 months of growth. I started again taking care of my hands and cuticles. I called it my bedtime ritual of nail care.



This was where I got smart to post a date with my fingernails growth. I tried to photograph weekly. 


I love the white tips, I used the white pencils that you can colored under your nails to make them look pretty.  The white pencil under the nails do not last and it eventually gets washed away with hand washing. Somehow, my phone was set to black and white and it took forever to figure it out to change it back to color pictures. 





We are into May, nice growth. Those are my nails. I just colored the tips white underneath the nails so they could be seen.


May 8th. I tried to keep my nails filed straight across with a rounded corner. I love the square nails look. If you are not too careful with all the filing, you could actually removed all the growth your nails have shown.



May 22, 2014.  My Shellac, French Tip Manicure. I love them!

May 25, 2014. No change, I love them!
May 31, 2014, I applied Nail Envy by OPI to make the French Tip (white part) to last as long as possible. I do not want the white part of my French Nail to fleck, flake or notch off during the next week.  I will probably reapplied the Nail Envy every 2-3 days to my fingernails. I am applying the Nail Envy to the entire fingernail.

See  "My Manicure"for additional notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment